Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What if...


I sometimes wake up at night and listen to the ocean, wondering will tsunami come or not. After Japan's earthquake and an issued warning regarding Australia's shores (that was cancelled though) I'm not too confident. What if  it happens. What if the worst appears to be true.

I had a lovely visitor today - a wonderful lady in her 60ies with whom I could share my thoughts and doubts. In fact, she was the one that started the conversation about tsunami threats and evacuation plans. We calculated and shared our ideas where to hide or go. Just in case.

I hope it will never happen. But the tsunami thoughts emerge from the deep when I walk on the beach near our house. Like today. What if... Is it just a women's trait - to think about the worst? Or is it a true wisdom - calculate and think about details and different possibilities. I wonder...

No comments: